This specialized program provides educators with resources to teach the nation's students about the importance of the census so children can help deliver this message to their families. It is designed to engage America's youth and encourage them get involved to help ensure every child and every household member is counted in 2010. Learn more about the Census in Schools program
Would you like to display a short Census promotion video on your webpage? Take a look at the following FREE videos:
Looking for logos and other icons to put on your website? Check out the following items:
If you need any of the images posted above, please contact the HC promotion team
and they will be happy to assist you.
Looking to find out what the response rate was for your community in 2000? Trying to figure out where to localize your promotion efforts? Take a look at the following maps to find out!
For more information please contact Hennepin County staff
Looking for information regarding Census jobs? Start your search here.
Local Outreach office:
St. Paul office at: (612) 216-5970
Kansas City office (816) 994-2011 or (816) 994-2030
Kansas City Region Office
Best Practices for Applicants
- To be eligible for hire all applicants must take a Basic Skills Test. A Basic Skills practice test is on-line at www.census.gov under 2010 Census Taker Employment Opportunities.
Applicants must score 10 out of 28 to pass. Applicants may re-test if they donít pass the first time. Applicants may also re-test if they wish to improve their score.
- Applicants interested in Office Management positions, must take a Management Test. There is no practice test on-line for the Management Test. Applicants must score 15 out of 29 to pass. Applicants may re-test if they donít pass the first time. Applicants may also re-test if they wish to improve their score. Applicants may call the General Recruiting phone number at (612) 216-5970 to schedule a test. These tests are qualifiers and do not guarantee employment. If applicants pass test and pass a background check, they are placed in a pool of eligible employees.
- When applying, always be specific regarding availability. Itís better to be open and flexible for all positions in both the offices and in the field.
- List all skills, including bi-lingual language skills.
- Frequently check Census website for changes and/or updated information regarding jobs.
Every household in the country will receive a questionnaire in 2010. To ensure an accurate and fair count of all populations at all geographic levels in the nation, the Census Bureau needs you or someone in your household to respond to the census questionnaire.