View current volunteer openings.
Apply for this opportunity.
Browse Hennepin County's volunteer opportunities.
Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation
You can also visit the Mentors for Success program on facebook.
Kind of work volunteers do
- Provide consistent social and academic support
- Build a strong one-to-one relationship with a youth on probation
- Serve as a group of individuals already involved in an organization that are interested in working with our youth.
- Provide workshops, technical training or activities for our probationers in the program.
- Varies depending on mentee assignment: Minneapolis (downtown, north and south), Brooklyn Center offices, and other community locations as assigned
- 20 years of age and older
- Weekly meetings M-F after school hours for at least one year
- Attend one event a month on a Saturday with their mentee
- Host activities and workshops on Saturday during the day
Application process for becoming a volunteer
- Fill out an online volunteer application form.
- Successfully pass a reference check.
- Participate in an exploratory interview.
- Interview with perspective supervisory staff members.
- Successfully pass a fingerprinting background check.
- Attend a mandatory volunteer orientation session.
- Attend mandatory safety training and mentor training.