Who Will be Asked to Take Psychological Testing
- All individuals offered a position in job classification requiring psychological testing.
- Testing must be completed prior to starting the new position.
- Some classifications require psychological testing and a meeting with a psychologist to review those tests before starting the new position
When You Will Be Asked to Test
- Testing and review of test are to be completed before the start date of the new position.
- If you are offered a position that requires testing, you will be informed by the supervisor that you must schedule testing before beginning the position.
- If you are required to take psychological tests before starting a position you are to contact the Human Resources test scheduler at 612-348-5007 or email HR.TestScheduling@co.hennepin.mn.us.
- The test scheduler will work with you to determine a time for you to report to the Human Resources Department located in the Government Center to complete all required testing.
About the Tests
- You will complete three tests for psychological testing. These include the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory – 2 (MMPI-2), Strong 1994 Interest Inventory and the California Psychological Inventory (CPI).
- The testing can take up to four hours. The MMPI-2 is a written test; the Strong 1994 Interest Inventory and the CPI are internet based tests.
- If you are required to meet with the Psychologist the appointment will be scheduled at the completion of the other tests.
- The meeting with the Psychologist is approximately one hour long.
- These interviews are done in a private office to review the results of your tests, discuss your work and education experience and determine if you are prepared for the stressors of the position which you have been offered.
- It is important that you are prompt and dressed professionally for this appointment.
- The decision of the Psychologist has an immense impact on the conditions of your job offer.
Refusal to Test
- You may refuse to take the psychological tests if you wish.
- If you refuse, your name will be removed from the eligible list of candidates for this position and you will not be allowed to reapply for that particular job class for at least one year from the date of refusal.
- Please remember that you will not be asked to take a psychological test unless you are actually offered a position.
- The Psychologist will discuss his/her determinations with you before you leave the appointment. If he/she has any concerns he/she will address them with you in detail.
- If an interview with the Psychologist is not necessary for the position, results will be submitted to the hiring manager and you will contacted with any questions.
- The determination of the Psychologist is final. If the recommendation is not to hire, all conditional job offers will be rescinded.
Equal Opportunity Employer