A marriage license allows you to get married in Minnesota and must be applied for at least FIVE (5) days before your wedding date. Your marriage license is valid for six months.
How to apply
Choose an option below to begin your application process.
- Option 1: Start your marriage license application online, print and bring the receipt to any Hennepin County Service Center to complete the application process and receive your license.
- Option 2: Complete (except for signatures), print and bring the marriage license application (PDF 92kb) to any Hennepin County Service Center to complete the application process and receive your license.
- Option 3: Walk-in applications are welcome or you may make an appointment at any Hennepin County Service Center. You will fill out your application by hand, complete the application process and receive your license.
What to bring
- EITHER the printed receipt from your online marriage application process, OR your license application (PDF 92kb)
- BOTH the bride and groom, OR if one of you can't come in, the supplemental form for party not appearing (PDF 39kb)
- Signature of person not appearing must be notarized on BOTH forms
- Identification such as a driver's license or state ID
- If your divorce was finalized in the last 30 days - bring a certified copy of the divorce decree