The Hennepin County Home School (CHS) is a state-licensed residential treatment center for juveniles ages 13 to 20 who have been committed by the court.
The facility provides a safe, secure, and healthy environment on a 167-acre rural setting.
All visitors must be pre-approved and visits are limited to parents, step-parents, legal guardians, custodial adults and children of residents.
- Girls Focus Program — provides a safe, structured, therapeutic environment to promote the growth and rehabilitation of adolescent females who are at risk to themselves or to the community.
- Short-term Adolescent Male Programs (STAMP) — use cognitive behavioral therapy to empower adolescent males to promote positive change and to impact individual development through responsibility, respect, empathy and renewing safe and healthy relationships within the community.
- Adolescent & Family Sexual Health Services — state-certified treatment program designed for youth who have committed sexual offenses or have sexual problems that disrupt their daily lives.
- Transition services — help juveniles prepare for successful return to the community and ensure that support and resources are in place.
- Education and vocational opportunities — provided to all residents by Intermediate School District #287.
- Work and community service — provide residents the opportunity to work and earn money to pay their court-ordered obligations and to improve their ability to live productive, responsible lives when they return to their families and communities.