Action for Healthy Kids
• State and national profiles and resources for schools on childhood overweight and obesity.
Alliance for a Healthier Generation - Healthy Schools Program
• Free resources and tools for creating a healthy school environment.
Model School Wellness Policies
• Resources for school districts with federally-funded school meals program to develop and implement wellness policies that address nutrition and physical activity.
National Standards for Physical Education
• Tools for developing, implementing, and evaluating K-12 physical education programs.
• Information on physical education and curriculum for teachers, students, and parents.
Tucker Center for Research on Women and Girls in Sports
• An interdisciplinary research center that examines how sports and physical activity
affect the lives of girls and women, their families, and communities.
USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture) - Food and Nutrition Service
• Information on school nutrition. Also contains nutrition education for food service professionals and teachers.
Center for Mental Health in Schools
• Provides information on current topics and issues regarding student mental health.
Konopka Institute of Adolescent Health and Medicine
• Information on adolescent development.
National Resilience Resource Center
• Information to schools, communities, and organizations to build capacity to tap natural, innate health or resilience of youth, families, communities, and systems.
• Information on the importance of afterschool programs.
Center for Health and Health Care in Schools
• Guidance to parents, teachers, health professionals and school administrators on implementing effective school health services and health promotion programs.
Children, Youth, and Family Consortium
• Information on building the capacity of the University of Minnesota and Minnesota communities to use research, inform policy and enhance practice to improve the well-being of Minnesota’s children, youth and families.
Healthy Schools Campaign
• Information on policies and practices that allow all students, teachers and staff to learn and work in a healthy school environment.
Healthy Schools Network, Inc.
• A 501 c3 national environmental health organization that provides research, information, education, coalition-building, and advocacy to ensure that every child has a healthy learning environment that is clean and in good repair.
Return to Health@School
Did you find what you were looking for? Yes No