Cash assistance programs include
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP) helps families find jobs
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) helps families transition to economic stability
- Work Benefit Program (WB) helps employed families after they exit MFIP or DWP.
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA) helps seniors and people with disabilities
- General Assistance (GA) helps single adults
- Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) helps refugees
- Hennepin County Emergency Assistance Program (HCEAP) helps a family when there is an immediate threat to the health or safety of a child.
Residency requirements vary among cash assistance programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I apply?
A: How to Apply
Q: Where do I apply?
A: Where to Apply
Q: I need help paying for health care.
A: Look here for more information on Health Care Programs. How to apply, where to apply, and contact information are the same as listed here for Cash assistance.
Q: Can the county help me collect child support?
A: Yes, link to Child Support for more information.