Hiawatha, the state's first light-rail line, runs from Bloomington to Minneapolis and opened in 2004.
Welcome to my website. It is an honor to represent the people of the 4th Hennepin County Commissioner District. I'm proud to serve you by working on:
Commissioner McLaughlin's events and updates
Projects & Initiatives
Learn more about projects and initiatives I’m involved with:
- Cool County
- Counties Transit Improvement Board
- Fort Snelling Upper Post – We do not own the Upper Post, nor do we have any legal responsibility for the site, but, along with a core group of supporters, we have been instrumental in finding resources to stabilize the buildings and pursue options and potential redevelopment for the site.
- Hennepin County Library
- Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority – We are envisioning and implementing the creation of a regional transit network; learn more about individual lines and projects.
- The Interchange in downtown Minneapolis – will unite transit and development creating a civic space connecting multiple transportation options, supporting a vibrant regional economy, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and increasing mobility.
- Chair, Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority
- Chair, Public Works, Energy & Environment Committee
- Co-Chair, Intergovernmental Committee
- Chair, Counties Transit Improvement Board
- Chair, Fort Snelling Upper Post Task Force
- Member, Central Corridor Management Committee
- Member, Minneapolis Neighborhood Revitalization Program Policy Board
- Member, Minneapolis Youth Coordinating Board
- Member, Solid Waste Management Coordinating Board