Mark V. Chapin - Director, County Auditor and County Treasurer
The broad duties of the Taxpayer Services Department encompass the Statutory offices of County Auditor, County Treasurer, County Recorder, County Surveyor and the County Director of Licensing.
Find images of Taxpayer Service legal notices here.
The Department is divided into seven divisions
- Admin Services - provides financial analysis, change management, internal financial controls, contract monitoring, training, as well as support in legislative, budgetary, payroll and human resource areas to the divisions.
- Business Technology Solutions - provides project and eGov management, business analysis, development and production support as well as technical integration services to the other Taxpayer Services divisions.
- Elections - provides voter registration and election administration for federal, state and county elections.
- Property Tax - manages the collection, processing and distribution of taxes, performs tax accounting, manages tax-forfeited land.
- Recorder/Registrar of Titles - records, files and maintains documents for both abstract and torrens properties, makes research of recorded documents available, identifies and describes property within Hennepin County.
- Service Centers - provide services relating to driver’s services (licenses, permits and identification cards), motor vehicles, vital records (birth, death and marriage certificates), boat and snowmobile registration and passports at six locations across the county.
- Survey - surveys property boundaries, maintains the monuments and records of the Public Land Survey System, reviews land subdivision documents, and maintains the Geographic Information System (GIS) data.